- The importer of goods must have a valid code for clearing goods from Jabal Ali customs (this code is available to importers)
- For customs clearance, Jabal Ali Kala must reach the free zone 72 hours after the date of the customs declaration.
- A licensed person must not open or distribute goods before they enter the free zone and are approved by customs.
- If the documents are incomplete, you will need to pay AED 500 to submit incomplete documents.
- The only ones who can enter the free zone without paying customs duties are the free zone license holders.
Documents required for clearance of goods from Jabal Ali customs
- For air transportation from Jabal Ali customs, it is necessary to provide the main air papers
- For land transportation, a road declaration is required.
- For maritime transport, the second version of the bill of lading is required.
- For import from Jabal Ali customs, permission to import limited goods must be obtained.
- Proof of origin of goods is required for any import and export from this customs.
- The list of characteristics of the goods, which includes weight, packaging method and HS code, must be made available to customs.
All the mentioned documents must be submitted to one of the customs centers of Jabal Ali, Bandar Rashid, Avir terminal or the free zone of Jabal Ali airport. After clearing the goods from Jabal Ali customs, the recipient can store or move the goods at his own request. It should be noted that all goods to be cleared through Jabal Ali customs must be inspected, except for goods available in the local market. Violation of these laws may result in criminal proceedings.
Jabal Ali customs area
Of course, customs duties may be received temporarily, but will eventually be refunded. This customs hosts the import and transit of a large number of goods every day, so this customs is ranked ninth in terms of freight traffic in the region. Jabal Ali Port is a center for world trade. This customs has facilitated trade in the markets of North Africa, the Middle East, Asia and even Europe. More than 7,000 companies are active in import and export, logistics and other related matters in this port. The dedicated space for short-term and long-term storage of goods in this customs is about 960 thousand square meters.